Thursday, October 21, 2010

BlackJack! Blaxploitation pt. 3




BLACULA
(1972)

"I curse you with my name! You shall be...Blacula!"

So says Dracula after he turns poor Prince Mamuwalde after the Prince travels to Transylvania to win the Count's support to end slavery. Dracula laughs, says some racist stuff, and puts the bite on the Prince. Centuries later, after being sealed in a coffin the whole time, the Prince wakes up in America, 1972, and goes hunting for blood!

There's not really a damn thing scary about this movie (although I will admit that a slow-motion vampire attack in the morgue did kind of unsettle me a bit) but there's a whole lot of fun to be had. Great dialogue, some good action, and a romantic subplot makes the whole deal worth watching. A true classic of its kind, Blacula is a must-see if you haven't already indulged.

Oh, and I dig those zany titles at the beginning. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment