Wednesday, October 27, 2010

27: shining brightly




THE SHINING
(1980)

Finally! I've been trying to see this on the big screen for a couple years now, always missing whatever screening was planned. Not today. Today I blasted through the gym, did my writing, ran through the shower like it was a cheap car wash, and dashed off to the movies.

It was worth the wait.

I'm not going to bore you with a synopsis of the film. If you haven't seen it, you don't like movies. Period. Seeing it all big and bright and loud (that soundtrack was never more over-powering and amazing) brought out all the little tidbits I hadn't seen before and gave every performance more nuance. Shelley Duvall was incredible, Jack was awesome, and the kid playing Danny was exceptional. And those twins...Brrr...

If you ever get a chance to see this in a theater, do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment